I’ve had most of the day to myself (well, and with the kitties), because my husband is out hunting with the goal of getting a deer! I never tried deer meat until I started dating him and had no interest in trying it either, but I must be honest and tell you it is actually quite good! If you haven’t tried it and make assumptions about it like I did, throw them out the window and give it a whirl if you find yourself with the opportunity! If he gets one this season I’ll be sure to post his deer chili recipe 🙂
So while he is out hunting I’m enjoying the day by trying new recipes to share with you wonderful people! Plus, I love expanding our menu around here! I started with a breakfast recipe this morning and these cranberry oatmeal muffins were easy to mix up and turned out really well! Not to mention, they added a wonderful aroma to the kitchen while baking, Mm!
I love the cranberries in these muffins; they add the perfect amount of tartness! However, If you really just aren’t a fan of cranberries, you could easily substitute another berry in their place; blueberries would work well with the banana and oatmeal in the muffin! Check out the recipe below for a simple and tasty breakfast! Enjoy!
Cranberry Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Oats
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh Cranberries
- Pinch of Cinnamon (or a few if you’re like me and love cinnamon!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a wire whisk to combine bananas, milk, oil, sugar and egg.
- Add flour, oats, cinnamon and baking powder. Whisk until combined.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4 the way and bake for 25-30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan immediately and allow to cool on a wire rack.
As always, thanks for reading!!