With Valentine’s Day only 3 weeks away, I decided to start the fun holiday themed treat making today! My step daughter was very excited at the idea of making and drinking pink hot cocoa and it was the perfect start to her Saturday morning; it was practically like dessert for breakfast! If you ask me what it tastes like I will tell you rich and creamy and that you must like white chocolate to enjoy it. My step daughter’s description? She said, “Mmm it tastes like Valentine’s Day!” Such a silly girl who looked too cute sitting at the kitchen counter sipping her cocoa and wearing her robe, a photo captured in my memory 🙂
This festive drink is very easy to make and super cute for the holiday season! I did a trial run before we got Hailey for the weekend and used red food coloring, but didn’t care too much for how it turned out. The second time I made it I used actual Pink food coloring (from the neon colors box) and less evaporated milk; I think it turned out much better the second time! Hope you find an opportunity to make a cup for you and your family and/or significant other and enjoy sipping on it while watching a romantic movie this Valentine’s season 🙂
Pink Hot Cocoa
- 12 oz White Chocolate Chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 10 oz Evaporated Milk
- 3-4 cups Milk
- Pink Food Coloring
- In a saucepan over low heat, add chocolate and evaporated milk. Stir frequently as chocolate melts.
- Once chocolate has melted, add milk with 3 or 4 cups depending on taste preference. Heat through.
- Remove from heat and add pink food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Serve with whipped cream and sprinkles. Enjoy!
As always, thanks for reading!!