Since we covered the healthy treat on Halloween with jack o’ lantern oranges, we splurged a bit with these far from spooky yet totally adorable Reese cup bats! Stumbling upon this idea on Pinterest worked out wonderfully, because I recently had a coupon for a free pack of Oreo thins and needed a reason to get rid of them other than eating them all one sleeve at a time! If you love thin mint girl scout cookies you will love mint Oreo thins…so maybe don’t buy them 🙂 I’ll be sure to share a color photo of these tiny bats as well, but have to say I love the black and white affect and the added Halloween spirit it naturally provides!
Hailey and I went shopping for the supplies needed to make these creatures together. As I mentioned, she’s growing up quickly so watching her have fun in the Halloween aisle was a real treat (pun intended ;)). She wanted a bat that was 70% off so I agreed and we took it to the register with us; I couldn’t help but smile when she wanted to name it and finally decided on ‘Mavis’ after the lead girl in the Hotel Transylvania movies. Keeping her 12 years old as long as we can is a tricky challenge (too many puns? :)) making childhood moments of hers ones to cherish!
These Reese cup bats are perfect to make with your kids and can be assembled in minutes! Like the jack o’ lantern oranges, the bats would look equally as cute displayed at a party or accompanying any meal of the day. I really hope you all had a fantastic Halloween and find these ideas helpful for your holiday celebration next year!
Reese Cup Bats
- Miniature Reese cups
- Oreo thins
- Candy eyes
- Icing (homemade or store bought)
- Unwrap Reese cups and set aside.
- Separate Oreo thins, scrape off icing and cut in half to create four ‘bat wings’ per Oreo.
- Put homemade icing in a sandwich bag and cut the tip or cut the tip of the store bought icing.
- To assemble, place a small portion of icing on the back corner of what will be the ‘right wing’ and lightly press it onto the Reese cup. Do the same for the ‘left wing’.
- Place a dot of icing on the back of each candy eye and press eyes into the center of the Reese cup on the Oreo thins.
- Allow to set and store in an airtight container.
As always, thanks for reading!!