I don’t follow the Paleo diet, but a friend of mine at work shared this recipe with me and she makes delicious desserts so I trusted it was a good idea to give it a whirl! Good idea indeed, because these are yummy little treats! If you’re not familiar with Paleo, it puts focus on eating lean meats, fish, vegetables, fruit, and excluding dairy/grain products and processed food. So these brownies have no flour, no refined sugar; instead, they include healthier ingredients like raw honey, almond butter and a banana even. Second bonus, they are really easy to make and my wonderful kitchen aid stand mixer is at the top of my thank you list once again!
Check out the recipe below to make a healthier dessert for you and your family! I can’t promise my next dessert post will have as much nutritional value, but it will certainly be delicious…mini s’more cups! stay tuned!
Paleo Inspired Chocolate Brownies
- 2 cups almond butter (can use another nut butter if preferred)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raw organic honey, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder (85% or higher dark chocolate)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 very ripe banana
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, blend almond butter and eggs until smooth
- Add honey and vanilla extract and mix well
- Add the salt and baking soda followed by slowly adding the Cacao powder
- Melt chocolate chips separately and add melted chocolate and banana to the mixing bowl, mix well
- Grease a 13×9 inch baking dish with coconut oil and bake for 35-40 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test
As always, thanks for reading!!