Just in time for Christmas, this milkshake is scrumptious…if you love peppermint like I do! Now, I’m sure you could “cheat” and make this milkshake with simply peppermint ice cream and milk, but I’m going to stick with the theory that this way tastes just a little better! It also made some fun memories with my step daughter!
As we were making these yummy treats, my step daughter (Hailey) said “I love doing this kind of stuff with you”. Does she know how much that little comment meant to me? Of course not, she’s 11 🙂 It meant the world to me! I’m so happy to be adding to her childhood memories bank! My husband’s brother was over this night and they were occupied in the living room catching up on XBox games together so after our milkshakes were made Hailey and I took them upstairs, with some cookies too naturally, and enjoyed our treats while watching The Santa Claus 2! Such a fun night and great way to get in the Christmas spirit!
These would be great for kids on Christmas Eve; just don’t make them too late so you don’t run into trouble getting them to fall asleep so Santa can come deliver gifts 😉
Candy Cane Milkshake
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon crushed candy canes plus 1 teaspoon for garnish
- whipped cream for topping
- Using an immersion or traditional blender, blend ice cream and milk until smooth. Add peppermint extract and crushed candy canes and blend another 5 seconds.
- Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
Enjoy and Happy Holidays!!
As Always, thanks for reading!