Some days, I like ‘simple’ for dinner…really simple. That doesn’t mean you have to resort to canned and/or boxed foods that are just no good for you. This sloppy joe recipe is so easy and still meets my standards for a decent meal to feed my family, especially with some healthy sides to complete the dinner. We don’t eat red meat often so this isn’t on the rotation a lot, but everyone always enjoys it and I always buy lean, grass fed beef for it. This is another good dinner that gives you time to do some clean up as it simmers making the after dinner chores a little easier…I’m a fan! I’ll keep the post like the meal, simple. Check out the recipe below and enjoy!
Simple and Delicious Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 1 tsp. salt (As usual, I did not use this full amount…about 1/2)
- 1/2 c. chopped green or red bell peppers (I used both)
- 1/2 c. chopped celery
- Cut and Chop the onion, celery and peppers.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mustard, worcestershire sauce, sugar, vinegar, ketchup and salt. Mix well and stir in peppers and celery to coat evenly.
- In a large pan, cook ground beef and onion until browned. Drain fat from meat and add back to the large pan.
- Pour sauce mixture over the meat and onion and mix well. Reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes.
As always, thanks for reading!