Broccoli salad is another popular side dish at all the Summer cookouts and many of our family get togethers, but I have never tried making it. I recently stumbled upon a recipe for Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrot salad and as I’m expanding our menu with great new Summer side dishes I decided it was the perfect time to give it a whirl! This particular recipe has a great mix of vegetables, fruit and seeds providing a variety of wonderful health benefits! To be honest with you, I was slightly hesitant about the combination and the dressing; however, you can’t judge a side dish by it’s recipe. That’s not as good as ‘You can’t judge a book by it’s cover’ is it? Hey, I tried 😉
The dressing is incredibly light and very refreshing with the hint of lemon, the grapes compliment it perfectly and the addition of sunflower seeds makes the dish even healthier! Quick health tip? Here are some great and easy ways to include sunflower seeds in your meals…sprinkle them on salads, mix in with scrambled eggs and include them in your chicken or tuna salad! These seeds have an excellent source of vitamin E as well as many essential minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium and selenium. Oh! One more way to enjoy them? Add them to your broccoli, cauliflower and carrot salad 🙂 Check out the recipe below and enjoy!
Broccoli Cauliflower & Carrot Salad
- 2 cups organic broccoli florets
- 2 cups organic cauliflower florets
- 1 cup organic carrots, sliced or shredded
- 2 cups organic red grapes, halved
- 1 organic scallion, chopped
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, raw or roasted
for the dressing..
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup miracle whip
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Rinse and cut broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and scallion and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Slice grapes and add to the vegetables.
- Pour sunflower seeds into the mixing bowl of vegetables and grapes.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all dressing ingredients and mix until well combined. Gradually add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. *Important to add gradually to ensure you coat to preference! I only used about half of the dressing made!
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
As always, thanks for reading!!