I love trying new recipes and with working 5 days a week I am always looking for simple, yet delicious recipes! Oh and I love pasta, I am Italian after all! The dish pictured above is a scrumptious Mushroom Florentine Pasta! It was easy to make and I could see using the sauce for other pastas as well; it’s very similar to an Alfredo sauce! I would suggest be generous with the amount of mushroom and spinach! if you find yourself making this on the weekend you could even make homemade noodles for an added touch! Bon Appétit!
- 8 ounces linguine pasta, uncooked (same amount of other pasta may be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ounces Gruyere cheese (or Gouda), shredded
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Begin cooking pasta according to package instructions.
- Whisk together flour, chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- While pasta cooks, in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil begins to ripple add sliced mushrooms, sauté for 6 minutes. Add minced garlic, sauté for 2 more minutes until garlic just begins to brown.
- Whisk flour, chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper mixture into mushrooms and garlic, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese, stir until cheese has melted.
- Mix in spinach, allow to wilt.
- Add drained pasta to skillet, toss to coat.
As always, Thanks for reading!