The crockpot is a wonderful invention! I knew I was growing up when I started putting such items on my “Christmas list”! It was actually a realization that made me smile, because I love this part of my life where I can take care of my family, provide good meals and turn a house into a home. If you read about our last Saturday in my post healthy Egg and Avocado Toast, you know it was a bit busy and very focused on some quality time with the family. I still wanted to have a good meal for dinner so I got out my trusty crockpot and tried a new BBQ chicken recipe; it turned out SO good! Everyone loved it, including my stepdaughter who ate her sandwich in record time!
To complete the dinner without adding much more time in the kitchen, I made some homemade fries and steamed some broccoli for sides. If you haven’t made fries in the oven before, please try! It’s unbelievably easy and a much healthier alternative to frozen, store bought fries! I peel, wash and slice my potatoes and toss them in a mixture of olive oil, garlic powder, pepper and paprika. The amounts can all be based on preference, but I go with about half to one Tbsp of oil per potato. Helpful Tip – bake them on parchment paper and they will slide right off after cooked! Check out the chicken recipe below and enjoy!!
Crockpot BBQ Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Original)
- ¼ cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place chicken in your crockpot, season with salt or pepper if desired.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce, mix well.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken, cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Once time is up, shred chicken with 2 forks. Recover and let cook in sauce for about 10 more minutes to soak up all the flavor.
- Serve your favorite way…on buns, in wraps, on a salad or as is! Enjoy!
As always, thanks for reading!!