Looking through my recipe box today as I tried to decide what to make for dinner, I stumbled upon a recipe for a green tea blueberry banana (got all that?) smoothie that I remember writing down months ago! The poor recipe has sat in my box forgotten about day after day! I hadn’t made breakfast yet so I decided this would be the perfect healthy start to my day! I love a good smoothie and will admit the ease of making them definitely contributes to my love! How can you not love the process of throwing a few simple ingredients into a blender and having a yummy treat to consume in a matter of minutes! Although smoothies can be easily made with choice ingredients and no real recipe, I don’t know that I would have thought of trying this combination so hopefully you’ll think the same and enjoy something new too!
The smoothie has great flavor and I will not be waiting long to make another one! Let me be honest about one thing, I did have some blueberry in my teeth after drinking this (without a straw) so if you make it to take on the go, take some floss on the go too 🙂 I’ve shared the recipe below for those who want to add a new yummy smoothie to their menu!
Green Tea Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1 Green Tea bag
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 1/2 cups Frozen Wild Blueberries
- 1/2 of medium Banana
- 3/4 cup Vanilla Soy Milk (or milk of choice)
- Microwave water until steaming hot (15-30 seconds) Add tea bag and allow brewing for three minutes.
- Remove tea bag from water and stir in honey.
- In a blender, combine berries, banana and milk.
- Add tea and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
As always, thanks for reading!!