I love making cute snacks for Hailey, because she gets so excited over the little added touches that make her food fun! For example, when she came in the kitchen and saw these today she said “oh my gosh, these look awesome! Thank you so much Sara!” Very minimal effort to create a cute and healthy snack that makes her smile? I’m a fan!
Hearing the phrase “I’m Hungry” is just expected on a daily basis around our home; I’m sure many of you with kids (or husbands 😉 ) can relate! Since I don’t want snack time to always be about grabbing something quick, and likely unhealthy, I look for fun and simple ideas like this one! It doesn’t get much easier than slicing a banana, spreading peanut butter and topping with chocolate chips and fun shaped sprinkles! Confession: the sprinkles are added only for fun and color! To keep it a truly healthy snack I suppose you might leave them off 🙂 Healthy tip: Almond Butter could be used instead of peanut butter, yum! Happy snacking!!
Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 1 Banana
- Peanut Butter
- Mini Dark Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Toothpicks or Mini Popsicle Sticks
- Slice banana into multiple bite size pieces.
- Using a butter knife, spread desired amount of peanut butter over each piece.
- Top with chocolate chips and sprinkles (if using).
- Insert toothpick or popsicle stick if serving to others or simple leave as is and enjoy!
As always, thanks for reading!!